- Cricket was originally named Mantis, but was renamed to Cricket because Nickelodeon had another character named Mantis on Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness. Before this, he also had a deeper voice.
- Before this, he was simply going to be a robot, thus making the show name Pig Goat Banana Robot. Then he became Mantis which resulted in the events above.
- He has an odd fear of lemonade stands, as said in "The Chronicles of Cutesachusetts".
- Globert, a green blob that can speak (whom Cricket considers his son)
- He is shown to have affection towards Goat. Goat does not have the same feelings towards him but still likes him as a friend.
- He secretly video records their picnics on occasion, as revealed in "Pig Goat Banana Cricket High Five!".
- He has read Melba's diary before.
- He has the ability to drive, shown in "Underpants-Palooza" and "Bananaland".
- He is the only main character to not wear clothes.
- His voice actor, Paul Rugg, is known for playing the roles of Manny the Uncanny, Alistair Flyndiggery and Vanessa on Disney's One Saturday Morning which ran from 1997-2002.
- So far, he has invented the following:
- Burgerstein, a "Frankenstein" like creation that has a cheeseburger for a head, a robotic arm and an arm with a living dog's head on it.
- Beauty Goo, a substance that turns something beautiful on contact
- Ugly Juice, a substance that turns something ugly on contact
- The Fudge Bubbler, a complex machine that makes large bubbles out of fudge
- Mecha Foot, a robotic version of Filthy the Foot that makes sparkle eggs
- Super Nuclear Suck-Matic 9000, a vacuum cleaner with extreme force
- Electromagnetic Star Gazer, a telescope with the ability to see in space
- Total Immersion Entertainment, a television that one can literally go inside
- Exploding Alarm Clock
- Atomic Wedgie Picker, a robotic hand that relieves wedgies
- Pizza Hammer
- Smart Guy Spray
- The Baby Maker, a pink ray gun with an attached milk bottle that turns someone into a baby
- Nose Prison, a wearable square helmet resembling a prison to prevent nose picking